Monday, September 3, 2012

Mirror to Masterpiece!

I seen this cool thing on pinterest where a lady took a canvas and tapped the word "love" into it then let her daughter finger paint it. Well, this was something I had to do. So, I went out searching. I wanted to buy something cheap 2nd hand. I went to a local store and looked thru pictures, thinking I'd cover something like that, well, I ended up finding this cool beveled mirror. Cost $5.90
So I bought it. It was a golden/brown with these weird rivet things in it.

Just a close up. You can see it's kinda dinged up.


I took some scotch tape and tapped off around the beveled part and used the word "family".


Just a few looking down the frame.

I spray painted the entire thing white (spray paint was already on hand, no cost!). My daughter and I then finger painted over the mirror part (tapped off so the frame would stay white)

Finished waiting for the paint to dry. 


And... FINISHED. In hindsight I wish I would have pulled off the tape while the paint was still wet, it caused for some of the paint to peel off and I had to do some touch up. Other than that, it's a BEAUTIFUL wall piece now hanging in the kitchen!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment